Thursday 21 May 2015

Love Letter ~ Join me for a cuppa...

How's your day been? Do join me for a cup of tea, make yourself comfy and let's catch up...

A reviving cuppa and restorative time out

I love trying out new tea infusions. Lately I have been enjoying freshly picked sweet cicely and hawthorn tops tea with my Tuesday evening foraging group, and treated myself to some me time and a pot of orange blossom oolong at a local cafe. What are your favourite brews just now?

It's felt extra important for me lately to get good quality time out as there's lots going on in my world just now. Alongside my wonderful clinic space at Neal's Yard Remedies in Edinburgh's city centre, I've recently started a new Friday clinic and have upcoming herbal workshops at The Salisbury Centre, a meditation and holistic centre in Edinburgh's south side, looking out to a beautiful garden.

I'm very much looking forward to the Sacred Self Care Day Retreat that I will be hosting there this weekend on Sat 23rd May. We will be connecting with and contemplating nature, exploring healing rituals for self care from around the world, making nature art and natural remedies. There are still spaces so do get in touch if you'd like to join us. I'd love to see you there.

Foraging for Herbs and Nature Art Medicine

It's very well timed for another lovely event that I'm looking forward to attending myself, a Nepal Benefit Cacao Prayer Ceremony and fundraiser for the recent catastrophes in Nepal that will take place in the evening also at The Salisbury Centre after the herbal retreat day.

There are a couple more herbal events also happening this weekend that I am offering for free on Sunday at Spa in The City on 'Herbal Travel Self Care' and a 'DIY Natural Beauty Retreat', with more events in the planning for the summer. Visit my events page and upcoming love letters for more info on these. I am working on a couple of other exciting new offerings too which I will be revealing more about in a few weeks...

In other news, I was honoured to be asked to feature alongside an amazing and inspiring line up for a free online series of interviews by Faith Canter, celebrating the release of her upcoming book. My interview is this Friday 22nd May, so I hope you get a chance to watch it! Here's the link if you would like to sign up.

Merry Marigolds Celebrating 
The Secret Herb Garden's 1st Year Anniversary

I am so grateful to be working with nature. It really grounds me, especially when I have many projects and events happening in a short space of time. With the flurry of goings on, I have to create opportunities to unwind and keep in balance. For me, going on relaxing non-work related outings outdoors and planning trips away from home is essential to keep my spirits high, keep my perspectives in check, and to have things to look forward to.

I recently enjoyed a visit to The Secret Herb Garden with my hubby for their 1st birthday bash. They served fabulous food and drinks infused with and inspired by herbs. I caught up with one of my herbal tutors from university, David Pirie, and joined the herb walk he was leading around their wonderful plant nursery, green houses and fields of vibrant herbs.

So what do you do to get grounded and back in balance when you have lots going on? Do you make the time for your body and mind to unwind when life gets hectic? Let me know about your self care rituals. I'd love to hear from you.

I look forward to connecting with you further on my latest blogs, upcoming events and clinics that you can find further information about in the links below. Any feedback and suggestions for future blog posts and love letter features are warmly welcomed.

Take great care of yourself,
Fiona Morris
MA BSc (Hons) Dip SBM MNIMH
Medical Herbalist, Massage Therapist 
& AstroTarot Reader


Herbal Wellness Plans | Courses & Workshops | Wild Remedy Walks 
Holistic Body Massage | Indian Head Massage | Tea & Tarot Readings

Let's connect: Facebook l Twitter l Blog l Instagram l Pinterest

Click here to receive your
delivered directly to your inbox :)

No comments:

Post a Comment